Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A trip to PDK Airport Day 26

Ian did pretty well at taking meds today--mainly because a trip to the PDK airport to see planes and helicopters was on the line. We saw several small planes land and take off and even 2 helicopters. We couldn't get to the part where the helicopters were really coming and going but we managed to see two which was the highlight for Ian. "Just like Harold" was his quote. He played a little on the playground area. I had gloves on him for the cold and germ barrier purposes. We were planning to eat lunch there too but ended up sitting in the car while Ian ate pretzels as we watched the planes come and go. PDK is a special airport to us as it is where we would have landed four weeks ago today had our angel flight worked out--it was too foggy in Charleston when we got the call so I had to drive. I posted a picture of the outing on my blog.

We had a great outing overall. Something to break up the monotony of staying inside all the time. I am grateful that it is not summer in many ways as it would be hard not to be out and about more. We may try to go to Target tomorrow--complete with gloves again, inside the cart rules, and a breathing mask (it has mickey mouse and other characters on it so I am hopeful it will not be a struggle).

I flushed Ian's line this AM. I'm doing it twice a day and usually it is in the AM and PM unless it is a lab day and then I personally only flush it once. I had Ian help me open the syringes and hand me his the end of his line, etc. which he seems to like being part of the process.

Labs are tomorrow and Grandma and Livia will be coming with us for clinic. I anticipate having some good updates tomorrow--hopefully :)

No comments: