Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Engines Day 32







Grandpa Herbst and Grandma Jenn are here for the long weekend. Today when they came they had presents for Ian. Several new books--an alligator under my bed--should be a hit given the fact that about a block from our house in SC there is a pond with an alligator in it :) They also gave Ian 4 new Thomas the Train engines!!!!! What a lucky boy! He was so excited. He got Bertie the Bus, Farmer McColl's chicken and egg cars, the aquarium cars, and.....Disel 10. Ian knows that Disel 10 is naughty. You can see the joy in Ian's face in the picture. We also went to the Atlanta Temple and got a haircut documented by pictures. It was a busy day--especially since Ian played with his new engines a ton! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!!!

Brett got up with Ian this AM to do prograf and let me sleep a few extra minutes. We don't have to do labs tomorrow which is nice. Ian has asked about his PICC line dressing and we are prepping him for Wendesday and the dressing change that will take place. Should be loads of fun!

Tomorrow Brett will go home and I know Ian will be sad about that. Maybe I should have saved one of the engines for a special suprise tomorrow......hindsight now.

1 comment:

Richard said...

This is a message from Noah to Ian. I will be his scribe.

"I love you Ian. I like to play with you and I like to come to your home sometime. Is it too far, we might run out of gas. What are you doing now? I hope you can come to my house some day. I really really miss you."

Honestly, that is what he wanted to say. I just substituted the "him" with the word "you". He speaks of Ian frequently and he is in our prayes still.