Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moon Sand Day 24

Today Ian and Grandma Meldrum played with some Moon Sand here at Ronald's House. It is our first exposure to moon sand and I must say it is pretty neat stuff. Ian said it was like crumbs and I must agree with him.

Ian had to go back to the hosptial on Day 23, Friday for IV fluids. Brett took him while I stayed at the RMH with Livia. The rooms are small for all of us so we did the divide and conquer motif again. Ian's lab values overall are back to where they need to be except for showing some dehydration--hence the need for IV fluid.

Brett is back in Charleston and so I'll be the person to take Ian to labs next week. I am setting my alarm each day as his prograf time cannot be missed--I didn't sleep well last night thinking that I had overslept and missed it. He takes his prograf really well which is nice. He can swallow a tic tac and that is the size of a prograf pill. We are going to continue to work on it to be sure but we are thrilled at his wonderful progress on that side of things.

His PICC line sleeve arrived yesterday and we'll be using it tonight to give him a real bath--hopefully. He needs it badly. The shower head is a movable one here so we've been able to at least "hose him off" while he stands in the tub.

On to day

No comments: