Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still here day 16

Ian's prograf level hasn't normalized yet so we can't be discharged. His dose was cut in half today hoping it will make a difference. Honestly, I expect to be here over the weekend.

My mom and I were able to get some of the major tape goo off of Ian today but not without a fight from him. It is fierce stuff and he hates it. We need to do it somehow sneaky so if anyone has ideas about this, please pass them on.

We got our discharge meds today--a huge sack of them. He has 9 to take right now. I'm ok with the meds it's keeping Ian germ free that makes me a bit worried. He is a boy afterall who is only three. Brett thinks we should buy stock in purell and I agree with him. A dear friend made a sign for us in our old home that says "Please take off your shoes and stay awhile" I think I need a new one that says "please take off your shoes, use some germ-x and stay awhile". We plan to have germ-x available at all entry points to the house. I personally don't think it is a bad idea to hang holders for it on the walls but that is just me.

Ian has had cheese pizza for about the last 5 meals or so (less breakfast). He amazes me at how frequently he can eat the same thing. I would be sick of it. He had some sticky popcorn last night as well which was a real treat for Ian. Sticky popcorn is a grandpa meldrum speciality.

We are hopeful that tomorrow will be our discharge day....

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I'll cross my fingers for a release after the weekend then. We should find out if that "goo-b-gone" is harmful to skin...make that product and buy stock in that. You may have just stumbled upon our million dollar idea! Love the idea of the germx sign...one can never be too "subtle"!