Monday, January 12, 2009

Labs Day 25

Ian and I made the trip in for labs today. I made instant oatmeal for him to eat in teh waiting area. It was a long wait this AM so I'm glad we had some food to pass the time. I had to wake him up to leave this AM and just let him wear his PJ's instead of fighting on getting dressed. The nurse that took his blood has done it the past couple of times and was really good letting Ian open up the syringes to flush his line, etc. Ian loved that part and I will use it tonight when I need to flush his line again. We are needing to flush it twice a day and I have been trained to do it. I also got new supplies for it today at the hospital as we were running low but I anticipate being "put" on home health for delivery of such supplies for his PICC line. I'm also looking into becoming a CNA to hopefully be able to draw his labs directly instead of trekking to the lab--we'll see if that can actually happen though.

I tried this AM to hide Ian's meds in yogurt and that was NOT a success at all. The yogurt wasn't hte usual creamy goodness of Yoplait but a Lite Kroger brand which I think heavily played into the failure. I ate some too and must admit it was not great stuff. I tasted Ian's and he was right--it was yucky. He said that it burned. So my idea of yogurt wasn't that great. Ian ended up taking a re-dosed round and earned more thomas stickers. The prograf isn't a problem which is nice as that is the one he'll have to take forever.

Some of Ian's steri-strips or special bandaids have come off and I've saved one--why I'm not sure but I did. More will come off tomorrow at bath I'm sure.

We didn't get a call from "Miss Jill" to come back to the hospital for IV fluid or to adjust his prograf level which is huge. Yeah Ian. The pedilyte must be working a bit.

On to day 26.....

No comments: