Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 29 So Cold....

Today was really cold so we didn't go anywhere today...not even to Brusters for a half price banana split.

Ian took his meds relatively well today both morning and night. He has more meds to take in the morning than the evening. It seems to be working for me to leave or Grandma to leave the room for him to suprise us with empty syringes. We'll do whatever it takes. The three month post transplant mark will mean less meds for Ian which will be much rejoicing on my part.

Today was also bath day and Ian fussed about that. Somehow he does not like baths now and I'm not sure why. I managed to get him scrubbed as best as possible and even got his hair washed. I used a plastic grocery bag to cover his PICC line this time as it cannot get wet. Last time I used saran wrap.

Ian continues to have a healthy appetite--the steroids are in part the reason behind this. He loves pretzels and string cheese right now eating about 3 string cheeses a day. I have to go to the store tomorrow to buy some more. He is eating about 5 smaller meals a day rather than 3 bigger ones. I continue to push fluid on him.

I did some preschool activities with him today. I need to refresh him on some of the letters. He gets C and G confused sometiemes as well as Y and K and N and M. I'd like to see him be able to ID all the lower case letters by the end of the year without the capital letter next to it. We worked on writing his name as well by "connecting dot one to dot two".

We head into labs tomorrow morning and are hopeful that we don't hear from the transplant team. It shouldn't be much trauma as it is just labs from his PICC line. We're also looking forward to Brett's arrival tomorrow night. On to day 30.....

No comments: