Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Lost Dinner on Day 13

So it has been two weeks since we got the call for transplant. How exciting and the progress made in two weeks. Ian is my hero and is a strong fighter.

Ian had his surgical drain removed yesterday which was great. He slept through it due to a sedative they had given him.

He had an accident in the night which necessitated Mr. Puppy being washed. He is as I type this still drying--I didn't dare put him in the dryer. We are hoping for some improvement with the recent bathroom issues.

Ian should have his neck IV removed tomorrow (Wednesday) and his PIC line put in. We'll see.

He was given a new med today--bactrim which he has has multiple times before. He barfed it, all his other meds and dinner. It was swell! I wasn't overly impressed with the nursing staff and how they handled it. He had to retake his prograf immediately as that is his antirejection med that is key. He did that like a champ. I am to pick up some root beer to try to hide the med in for tomorrow.

Grandma and Grandpa went marching with IAn in his wing of the hospital. He did great. They also played Hi Ho cherry-o about 12 times I think :) I can't wait for what tomorrow brings!

No comments: