Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day 3 in PICU

Ian is resting now and he needs it after kind of a rough night last night. He tends to waken a lot and not really remember or know where he is. Of course all the beeping equipment, etc. and frequent nurse visits don't help much either.

The doctors round in the morning and afternoon and nurses shift change AM and PM as well. Ian's nurse right now's name is Thomas and with a Thomas the Train fan--that works.

The liver enzyme labs are still trying to come into normal range--about 20% of liver transplants respond this way and right now it looks like Ian is in this category. He will get his next lab draw around 4pm.

I brought some Christmas decorations for Ian's room--just a few small things. I also brought pictures of Ian and our family for him too and his nurses to "see" Ian as he is in normal life and not with all these tubes and lines, etc.

Please continue to pray for all of us. We all need it.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

What a clever idea--the pictures...I am sure you are doing a great job keeping Christmas alive in the hospital. What a great gift this season! Much love and prayers will continue.

Melinda said...

I love the updates...We send all our love and prayers. Ian is such a trooper and such a strong little boy! And he has wonderful parents!!!

Nicki said...

I am so glad to hear that everything went well. I know the holidays will be hectic, but full of much joy for you all. I wish I could find a way to send my love, but I hope you know we are thinking of you and praying for you daily.