Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Aftermath Day 9

Dr. Heffron, the surgeon, wants to keep Ian in PICU until Monday it looks like. He just wants to be sure that everything is going well before moving him--erring on the side of caution. We are OK with that. Hopefully by Monday Ian will just be down to one IV/central line for labs and things.

His main neck line got "clogged" I'm sure there is a medical term for this so it had to be changed but will be a whole new line, etc. in about two hours after an IV is done. He hates the nurse even looking at the line in his neck--I can't say I blame him.

Ian is enjoying playing Dont spill the beans, Go Fish and Snap games today. I've played multiple times and even Brett joined in a for a game of Go Fish. I was disappointed the Go fish cards didn't have fish on them (a classic set from my childhood did and I expected all sets to be like that of my youth). Ian already knows to check my cards to see what I have to ask for those :) What a clever fellow.

We are trying to get him out for a walk but he isn't interested b/c we want him to wear something other than just his hospital diaper--sweat pants, the hospital gown, a bathrobe or something but nope. The nurse got us a wagon to pull him around on our floor so maybe that will help.

Ian took a nap today--didn't even want his cheetos which told me how tired he was. The Physical Therapist told us he would tire more easily and we are seeing that now. He liked playing with his engines this morning on the floor.

I'm heading back tonight with some soft TP for Ian.....apparently the hospital doesn't focus on the cushiness of their TP. So with that last thought I'll post more tomorrow....

No comments: