Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Half Burn"

So this morning started out OK until about 8:15 when I remembered that I hadn't given him his prograf yet. The usual time is 8 so I was a bit off but there is a "slush" hour timeframe allowed. Shortly after the prograf, Ian tells me that he has to go potty. OK.....just after we finish that he says he has to throw up. So I get him to the toilet and sure enough.....I am needless to say very proud of him that he recognized that he had to vomit and told me about it.

Just before the barfing incident, he was taking his aspirin which he thinks I am saying "half burn". I giggle every time he says it. He has all the other med names down...zovirax, predisone, fluconozol, but aspirin gives him a little trouble. Ian also tends to reverse the order of words like buckle seat instead of seat buckle or lion food for food lion. (He has become obsessed with food lion b/c it is one of our "landmarks" he knows when we are getting close to our house.)

We busted out one of his last PICC line mesh sleeves yesterday. It is a nice long one too. The shorter ones don't really cover the line and tubing and caps very well so it is constantly popping out and I have to tuck it back inside. I haven't tried to wash the sleeves because Brett thinks they will just fall apart. We only them for about 1.5 more weeks so it is a bit moot at this point. You can see the sleeve --it is white on his left hand in the pictures posted.

Ian got out of his bed in the wee hours of the morning for the first time ever. He usually just stays in his bed and calls for us. Never has he gotten off his bed for nap time or at night time without us telling him it is ok so it was really odd.

He played Wii with Brett last night. Guitar Hero is now operational and thanks to Brett's brainy idea of giving Ian a toy guitar to use along with the game, everyone is happy and jamming along. Ian was "rockin' out" (a quote from Ian). He was so cute and to prove it here is a picture so you don't have to take my word for it.


No comments: