Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lions, Ladybugs, and Penguins

Each day I work with Ian doing occupational therapy things as well as school. Today we were drawing pictures of animals. I draw and show him how to do it while he follows my instructions. I am NOT an artist so drawing anything is challenging for me....

Here is our lion

our penguin


and our spotted beetle (Ian's is only 2 years old apparently)


Our frog didn't make it to the picture reel. I'm going to have to work figuring out how to do it. Later, when asking him about his snack at preschool Ian described this to me.
"We had frosted flakes and we ate it like dogs. No spoons or milk. We also had cookies. "
"What type of cookies?"
"They looked like the hair of the lion."

And I knew that I had reached a level of artistry that I could be proud of because I knew exactly the type of cookie.....they are butter cookies that have a hole in them. I confirmed this with Ian who then told me that he used them a sunglasses :) I wish I had a picture of that craftiness!