Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lab Draw

Ian had to get labs done today (we're on the weekly schedule at this point). He did fairly well overall. A bit of squeaking and fussing but nothing like it was when we had to get his PICC line dressing changed. Later back at the house, he wanted his bandaid to stay on even though it was clearly falling off so he basically took it off himself. Ian is becoming addicted to root beer as he gets one each time after labs at the Kangaroo gas station.

Ian fell going up the stairs tonight so he has a bit of a scrape/bruise on his face. He also got the wind knocked out of him a bit. I think he was more scared than anything.

He still has the "snuffies" although we are done using cold meds at this point. He has mastered hte concept of blowing into a tissue (sorry if that is too much info). I "threatened" him with using a bulb syringe like I have to with Livia if he didn't do better with the tissue. He improved immediately.

I found one of his asprin pills by the couch this afternoon.....indeed it would be one of teh very same chewable pills Ian is supposed to take each morning. We had a talk about how if he drops it or it gets lost he needs to tell me so we can find it (Livia is going to start crawling before too long and he needs to take it).

Today in our "preschool time" I worked with Ian using scissors. He did pretty well and likes to just cut big lines right now although we did some shapes together. He is mastering right and left and can tell you all the planets in order. I have found that teaching Ian through music is huge. He is still struggling with writing in general and it may be related to some fine motor skill development from the lack of vitamin absorption from pre-transplant days. I'm going to follow up with the team next clinic visit.

We'll have labs next Wednesday and I'll plan for that to be my next post unless something else comes up.

No comments: