Sunday, October 31, 2010

Add to my list of things never to be without

So I'd like to add this

to my list of things to never be without as a transplant parent. It is called unisolve and it takes off adhesive painlessly. We used countless of these pads in the hosptial when Ian had his transplant because of all the tape on him from IV's and other tubes. The staff gave us lots when we were discharged and I have slowly been working through our supply (treating them like gold) getting off the tape goo from labs. I just broke down and used the last one this past time for labs. Ian came home with a different type of tape (I call it paper tape) and it is awful stuff to get off. I managed to get it off without an adhesive pad using water and an ice cube but then for days (about 4) goo was left on his arm attracting all sorts of fuzz build up. Which is when I decided to use the last pad and hope that the lab place would let us bring in our own bandaids....which brings me to the some great news that.....

Ian is now on an every month schedule for labs! This is great. We haven't been this far stretched for labs since pre-transplant. We are greatly excited to meet this milestone. So even though I used my last unisolve pad, hopefully I won't be needing them as often any how.

No comments: