Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dealing with Strep

We went to the doctor today as Ian had a fever over the weekend and then developed a rash/blisters around his mouth earlier this week. It turns out he (and his sister and I now) all have strep. We thought the rash around his mouth was cold sores due to some exposure from one of his preschool mates. Alas, we were wrong. I tried to warn him as best as possible about the jumbo Q tip that would be rammed down his throat but didn't do that great of a job. His comment after that was " I didn't like it". Who does buddy?

One of the biggest bummers is that our ward Christmas party is tomorrow night and we won't be able to go now as we are still in the contagious phase. We'll be home all day tomorrow so it is good I have a holiday craft or two up my sleeve. Ian wasn't fully aware that the party was happening tomorrow which is good but I was looking forward to getting a picture of him with Santa, etc. I'm glad we got one with him at the Home Depot workshop last week although Ian would only stand next to him then and not sit on his lap.

Hopefully we'll be all good for his Liver Day next week and then Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Bummer!! So sorry! Hope everyone gets better soon!