Thursday, May 28, 2009

Infection.....

Ian had his first round of life being immunocompromised with an infection. I took him to the pediatrican here last week. The doctor treated him pretty agressively with three forms of antibiotic to cover the areas affected (eye, ear, nose and under arm). I was pretty worried because if the antibiotics Ian was given didn't work that would almost certainly land us in the hospital at CHOA with the need for IV antibiotics.

Ian is doing great a week out from his start of antibiotics. We are so blessed! He learned how to handle the eye drops great! He even reminded me it was time for them at the end of the treatment cycle.

I continue to use germ-x everywhere we go and stock wipes...but somehow something slipped by my watchful eye. So to you germs out there....be afraid as I am stepping up my watch!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I know the germs are shaking in their boots!

I hope Ian feels better quickly.

M and B said...

Hope Ian feels better soon! I'm glad he's taking it like a champ.